Thursday, January 24, 2013

Every woman they let into the Marine Corps' infantry school last month failed.

A newlywed whose husband is in the U.S. Military just posted this on FB:
I have to tell you, this whole women in combat thing is starting to get under my skin. I havent been passionate on a topic like this in a while. Mostly because this hits directly home for me. Im taken back by the comments I read by women who have no clue what they're talking about on the matter. Hell, I can admit I DIDNT know anything about the matter before Greg and I got together. The fact is women ARE equal in every way, but the men and women are built physically different. My husband is 15 inches taller and outweighs me by a hundred pounds. I could not pull him from a burning stryker. I could not get him out of harm's way should we have come over an IED. We are also fighting a culture that doesn't respect women. Expect more Jessica Lynch type stories (I expect worse in reality). Am I advocating women should stand barefoot in a kitchen? Absolutely not. But until a 5'1 woman who weighs 100 pounds can do the work of a man conditioned to be in the infantry, a tanker, or an engineer, I don't care to have to debate any longer. Every woman they let into the Marine Corps' infantry school last month failed. Why are we setting women up for failure? We should be propping them up and setting them up to succeed. Will the N.O.W. types be outraged when there's blood of women on the hands of this administration? *Stepping off my soap box now*
SOURCE

No comments: